How Learn Now Classes work

Learn Now On Demand Video Classes

How this works

Details

Our on-demand Learn Now video classes are a bit different from our 'usual' forum-based scheduled offerings. We have chosen some of the topics that most writers need to have a good grasp of and are considred fundamental to the craft and asked those instructors to wrap up their advice, lessons, tips, and tricks into easily consumable self-paced programs.

FAQ

• Are these classes like the usual text-based classes?
    • Yes and no! These are on-demand video based classes. You can watch lessons and ask questions just like you would in a text-based class. But the content is delivered to you in a pre-recorded video not on text-based lessons.
  • Will the instructors interact with me?
    • Yes! However, the content and the classes are structured to encourage self-paced learning. Our instructors will drop in on a regular basis to check on things and respond to questions, but it will not be at the level of interaction that you are familiar with in our in-person, scheduled classes.
  • When can I start the class?
    • Any time you like! These classes are available 24/7 in YOUR time zone!
  • How long do I have to complete the class
    • As long as you like. The classes will be up for as long as SavvyAuthors is around and the instructor is teaching the material, just like any other SavvyAuthors class.
  • Do I need any special software to take the class?
    • Nope! If you can access SavvyAuthors and any general video on your device you can access these classes.
  • Will the instructors provide individualized feedback on lessons or critique?
    • Very likely not, although this may vary by the class and instructor. These classes are intended for self-paced learning where you complete the lessons on your own and the instructor answers specific questions. If you are looking for in-depth critiques on your content, we encourage you to take a text-based SavvyAuthors class.

More questions?

Contact us!