Creating Professional E-Book Covers Using Free Online Tools with Terri Main

Business Creating Professional E-Book Covers Using Free Online Tools with Terri Main

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35

Register by May 10th and save $5, use code CREATEMAIN2021 at checkout!
Category
  1. Business
  2. Indie Publishing
  3. Marketing
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
CREATEMAIN2021
One of the jobs many indie publishers farm out is cover design. Certainly, the most visible marketing tool today is your cover. During the days of physical bookstores all people saw of most books were the spines of the book. But today with online stores, every book is "face front."

However, you don't have to spend a lot of money to create an attractive book cover that reflects your vision and sells your book. In this course, you will learn the functions of a book cover, the basic principles of design, color, and layout, and how to use free tools to create your cover.

Topics

1. The functions served by a book cover
2. Marketing and Cover Design
3. Basic Design Elements
4. Image selection
5. Font Selection
6. Layout
7. The Principle of Thirds
8. The Power of Color
9. Using Kindle Cover Creator
10. Using Pixlr Advanced
Author
terrimain
Start date
May 17, 2021 at 9:00 AM
End date
Jun 6, 2021 at 1:00 AM
Registration end date
May 19, 2021 at 1:00 AM
Rating
4.25 star(s) 24 ratings

More classes from terrimain

Latest reviews

I learned a lot from this class on how to design eye-catching book covers. I appreciated learning about the free creative tools available to authors who want to go the self-publishing route. My favorite new tool is GIMP, which is a lot like Photoshop. The ebook text book contained much information on the elements of a good book cover. I found it very useful, especially the videos that gave step-by-step instructions. I would recommend this class to anyone interested in creating their own book covers.