Blastoff Beginnings: Writing Opening Chapters That Take Readers along for the Ride w/ Angela Knight

Plot-Structure-GMC Blastoff Beginnings: Writing Opening Chapters That Take Readers along for the Ride w/ Angela Knight

New this year at SavvyAuthors!
  1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $30 & Basic Members $40

**Register by December 31 and save $5, use code BLASTOFFKNIGHT at checkout!**
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Description/Setting
  3. Editing
  4. Dialogue
  5. Structure
  6. GMC
  7. POV
  8. Voice
  9. Worldbuilding
  10. Writer's Life
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
BLASTOFFKNIGHT
In this month-long online class, New York Times best-selling author Angela Knight discusses how to write a beginning that will have readers clicking the BUY button.

Knight examines the elements that engage the reader’s curiosity and make her care about your characters. She will explain how to design and execute a fantastic story that will land you on your readers’ auto-buy lists.

Note: this is a brand-new class Angela has not presented before.
Other events or classes in this series
Syllabus
Lessons in this month-long online class will be posted on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, students may email scenes to Angela for a critique and suggestions. This won’t be shared with the class.
  • Introduction — why the first chapter matters
  • What every story’s beginning must do to engage the reader
  • Building your book’s conflict launchpad
  • Internal conflict without navel-gazing
  • Romantic conflict for smart characters
  • External conflict without wimps
  • Make me care
  • Brainstorming the perfect scene to introduce your hero or heroine
  • First lines and first pages
  • The heroic couple’s first scene together
  • The villain’s first scene
  • Plotting your course
Author
Angela Knight
Start date
Jan 7, 2019 at 9:00 AM
End date
Feb 3, 2019 at 4:00 PM
Registration end date
Jan 9, 2019 at 4:00 PM
Rating
4.93 star(s) 101 ratings

More classes from Angela Knight

Latest reviews

Terrific class. Lots of excellent information. The instructor was very helpful and I learned so much.
TL;DR: You need this class.

I've been around the writing community since the days the first e-books were on CDs and have taken a bunch of workshops at conferences and online.

Most have made me think. "Tell me something I don't know." Some have given me "Okay, that's interesting. Let's try this." And a precious few have done what Angela did with this class. She made my foggy Muse jump to life and scream "Yes! That's it! We can do this!"
Excellent Class. The examples Angela provides complements the lessons in a way that makes it easy to understand and incorporate. Love her teaching style.
This is a particularly difficult forum to teach writing, requiring the instructor to more than post a page of information on a topic. Angela does this in spades. Couldn't recommend her classes more.