ThePencilNeck

Premium Member
Fortnight Flash Fiction Author
Fortnight Flash Fiction Winner
Jan 10, 2024
Benissa, Spain
Hey, gang.

I'm a newbie, I guess, but not a newbie. I was a regular here... 10-15 years ago maybe. (I can't find my old class work and community posts here anymore, though.)

I'm a fantasy/science fiction author. I've got a few books on Amazon and I've sold a few of them. I haven't released a new book since 2019, The Lich's Heart. I had a science fiction book almost ready to go out in 2020... but it was 2020. Since then, my day job has totally taken over my life and I've been having problems getting everything together and finishing my projects.

It's not that I haven't written since then. I've written multiple first drafts of books, including 4 books that are part of the fantasy series I was working on, and two books starting new fantasy series. I've also done several rewrites on one of those books, The Butcher's Bill.

But I've also kinda lost focus. I used to be a semi-professional musician and I've gotten more and more into composing. When working in one of the year-long group classes (with Devon Ellington back in the day), I got deeply into 3D Art while trying to design book covers. I've realized that I'm spending more time and more money on those two interests instead of my writing.

When I was here back in Ye Olden Days, I took lots of classes and learned lots of things. I'm hoping I can get refocused and that spending my money HERE instead of on music classes will help with that. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Howdy - I'm a spec fic author, too. I'll have to check out your work. Like you, I really struggled through Covid to get anything productive going. So I can commiserate. Also like you, I'm a singer-songwriter and have written a lot of my own songs and even a couple of musicals. I'd started to get more into my music during the Covid time-out from writing also. More recently I've been using writing contests and such to keep my creative sword sharpened, but now I have the chance to work with someone important in the business so I really do want to get my focus back. All this to say, I'm always open to doing a brainstorming session with a fellow spec fic writer, so feel free to ping me. And welcome back. :)
--Tracy

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0