1st Prize: $60 plus publication
2nd Prize: $30 plus publication
Length: 500 words or fewer
Deadline: July 21, 2010 (postmark)
Entry Fee: $2.00 per story
- Write a self-contained short story in 500 words or fewer. No predetermined
theme this year, so let your imaginations run wild!
- Be original. Be concise. Be spelled correctly.
- Send your story in plain text in the body of an e-mail to
(subject line =
"Annual Contest Submission") or to the address on the website (below). Do
not indent paragraphs. Leave one line space between each paragraph.
- All stories MUST have a title.
- Be sure to include your full name and e-mail address. If your story wins,
we'll contact you for your preferred method of payment.
- Enter as often as you like, but payment must be received for each entry.
- You retain copyright of your story.
- All entries will be acknowledged if an e-mail address is included.
- By entering the contest, you agree to have your name and email address
added to the subscriber list for InkSpotter News, our monthly ezine. Contest
news and winning stories appear in the newsletter. (Our subscriber list will
never be shared with or sold to a third party.)
Join today to gain full access to forum areas, pitch appointments, discounted workshops, chat room, autocritter, blog tour wizard and numerous other features! PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP ONLY $30/year! (Basic Membership with limited access is free. Sign up here.)