SUBMISSIONS REQUESTED: Heather is looking for novels and novellas in the following genres for publication in August 2011 and beyond:
* Paranormal and Urban Fantasy
* Science Fiction
* Contemporary and Romantic Suspense
* Upper “YA” (17-22 yo protags) that will appeal to older teens and young 20-somethings
All submissions must contain strong romantic elements. We consider all heat levels, however erotic elements should not be the focus of the story.
Until midnight EST March 18th, members will have an opportunity to post their three line pitch and first 100 words as a comment to this post. Check back next week to see if you've scored a full request!
Who can enter?
Contest is open to all registered members of Savvy Authors. Not a member? JOIN TODAY! Basic membership is FREE! All entries must be from registered members. Entries posted anonymously (by non-members) will be removed.
The rules are simple:
1. Post your three line pitch and first 100 words in the comments section of this article after logging into the website.
2. Make sure your manuscript falls within the genres Heather listed above!
3. Only post if your manuscript is ready now!
4. Check back next week to see who Heather picked. (Minimum of one, no maximum!)
5. Limit two pitches per member.
Heather Howland began editing in the legal and technical sectors eight years ago while working as a Production Manager. After honing her fiction editing skills as a freelancer and acquisitions editor with a small ePress, she accepted the position of Managing Editor for Entangled Publishing. Originally from sunny California, Heather now lives in the Land of Perpetual Cloud Cover and Mold—aka the Pacific Northwest—with her handsome husband, two autistic sons, and their two dogs. Whenever she can spare the time, Heather puts her BS in creative writing and psychology to use writing dark, literary YA fiction.